Kiss My Putt (Summersweet Island Book 1) by Tara Sivec


Kiss My Putt (Summersweet Island Book 1) by Tara Sivec
After spending my entire pro golfing career being known as the quiet, controlled, no-nonsense golfer on the tour, there’s nothing more humiliating than throwing all of that down the drain—or into a water hazard—on national television. Needing some place to hide, to lick my wounds and figure out what I even want to do with my life once this blows over, I can only think of one place I need to be. Summersweet Island, where everyone treats me like one of their own, and they’ll all be happy to have me home again.

Well, except maybe one person. It’s been two years since I last set foot on Summersweet Island or spoke to anyone there. But I’m sure Birdie Bennett, my best friend since I was 15 and the clubhouse manager of my favorite golf course, has had plenty of time to forgive me for that tiny little misunderstanding where I blocked her on social media and blocked her in my phone. Oh, and I guess I kind of, sort of accused her of being a stalker. It’s fine!

Once my sexy, spunky, former best friend gets over the shock of seeing me again and stops trying to drive a 9-iron into my skull, I can finally let her know I’ve also kind of, sort of always been in love with her...

Click here to purchase from Amazon.

I don't know why I didn't know that it was coming out, but I only discovered best-selling romance author (and one of my personal favourites), Tara Sivec's newest book, Kiss My Putt was coming out about three weeks ago. Then imagine my joy and elation when she announced it was being released on Kindle Unlimited! Best. Day. Inawhile.

I picked this up as soon as I was aware of that (not that I wouldn't have bought it full price, but, I already have a large list of books begging to be read), and savoured this over three days. More because I was exhausted and couldn't keep my eyes open, but even last night I had to keep reading justonemorechapter, and ended up going to bed at 2:30am again.

To the novel itself! It was STEAMY. As in, seriously seriously steamy. I'm not sure why but I'm thoroughly enjoying sports romances at the moment, mainly hockey (that is my catnip), but I'll take anything. Having said that, this was the first time I've read a golf romance, but, it worked. Adding in a best friends to enemies to best friends to lovers trope, also great.

On a personal note, I will say that best friends to lovers does somewhat stick in my craw, only because I went through that. And then discovered after about eight or so months that I'd never actually been his best friend and he just used me for his own benefit and was promptly thrown away, despite having made major changes for him. Reading this kind of trope always makes me second guess that situation, and it does suck. I thought I'd lost my best friend and love of my life, but, I guess I didn't and it was a lucky thing he chucked me when he did and he sucks. But, I digress. Let's pretend that never happened to me, and just read this in isolation.

One of the things that I absolutely love about Ms. Sivec's books is that she instantly throws you into the book, but fully immersively. The book isn't just based on the lead characters with secondary thrown in briefly just to say they have, it's well-rounded and pushes a plot that encompasses and progresses the romance, rather than a romance novel just pushing romantic situations. Her books always make me laugh out loud and just honestly cheer me up.

If you're looking for a steamy hot summer read, complete with a lot of laughs, this is your book.

Rating: 4/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment