Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot


Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot
Meet Kate MacKenzie…idealistic office worker, reluctant deliverer of termination notices and queen of instant messaging. As sweet as sugar. Meet Mitch Hertzog…ever-smiling corporate lawyer, defender of the downtrodden and king of aborted dinner dates. Good enough to eat.

Meet Ida Lopez…cake, cookie and pastry-maker extraordinaire, purveyor of the dessert trolley and goddess of all things mouth-wateringly yummy. As nice as pie.

Together they must battle tyrants and despots to find truth, justice and the perfect double fudge pudding.

I've been a big fan of Ms. Cabot's work since I picked up the Princess Diaries, but for me, this is the book that truly launched her adult romantic fiction works. I have literally never laughed this hard at a book, and will admit that I have re-read this novel a few times, due to the sheer hilarity.

Written in one of the most unique formats I've ever seen, this novel is written entirely through emails from each of the characters, a few diary entries, and notes scribbled to each other, but is one of the most comprehensive novels I've read, and you can truly see our hero and heroine falling in love. If nothing else, read this book simply because of it's writing format!

There just truly aren't enough good things to say about this book. From it's unique writing style, I can say that these characters are truly unlike anything I've ever read and the romance is 100% believable and organic. All of the characters have unique characteristics and truly fleshed out, and a pleasure to read.

Overall, hands down, one of the best books I've ever read, and certainly a favourite.

Rating: 5/5

Click here to purchase from Amazon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment