Saturday Night Film Night

Happy Saturday everyone! I hope your weekends are all fantastic.

I'll confess that the outside world has got to me a bit this week, so I have been a bit more stilted than usual. I've been trying to keep myself busy and occupied, and this week it was just too much business and occupation, and too much real world. So, this weekend I could do with some extra cheering up! And to this end, to one of my favourite films:







In a countryside town bordering on a magical land, a young man makes a promise to his beloved that he'll retrieve a fallen star by venturing into the magical realm.






Another book turned into a movie, I haven't actually read the book by Neil Gaiman, although it is on my to read. I was a late-comer to this film, only discovering it last year (2019), but it became a firm favourite. An enemies-to-lovers romance, magic, romance, people discovering that being who they are is the best thing - it's just fabulous. 

The romance is breath-taking, but the plot itself is phenomenal, and each story interweaves perfectly with each other. Comedic, light-hearted but with substance, this is definitely a film to rewatch over and over.

What's your favourite cheer-up film?



0 comments:

Post a Comment