Weekly Round-Up!

It's hard to believe we're almost at the end of June, and almost half the way through the year! We've had some fantastic novels released this year and still more yet to come.

Loud Mouth, Ice Knights Book 3, by Avery Flynn
I absolutely cannot wait for Avery Flynn's newest novel in her Ice Knight's series, Loud Mouth, releasing this Monday, 22nd June, watch out for it!

If you haven't read the other books in the series it doesn't hurt, they are standalone novels, but honestly, highly recommended. Ms. Flynn's Hartigan series exist in the same universe as the Ice Knights, and they're like Peanut Butter & Chocolate, yes, independently they're both great, but together? Cue heart eyes.

I'd recommend starting off with the Hartigan series with Butterface (you can check out my review here) and that way you can get a full introduction, and I will let you know that my favourite of the series is Tomboy, it's utter perfection. Then the Ice Knight series starts off with Parental Guidance, also utter perfection. Honestly, the perfect series to lose yourself in at the moment.

So what have I been up to this week? Well, I'll confess that I am having a hard time getting into new books at the moment. I picked up a really interesting romance book that I'd been excited about and without spoiling which book it was, I was horrified to be reading mid-book and find out that the hero accidentally killed his sister when he was younger and it describes in light detail how she'd accidentally been locked in a trunk. Added into the fact the heroine had just been almost sexually assaulted, I quickly and unfortunately put this down. I've also read another two books that I was really excited for and they just fell flat. I'm not sure if it was because I was too excited to read them and they fell flat, or they genuinely were flat, but maybe something I'll have to pick up.

But onto what I've actually been posting this week. I've started posting films to cheer you up and lift your spirits at the weekend. If you've missed it, check it out here, and don't miss the film recommendation this Saturday!

I've also had a quick review of the best books I've read so far this year here, and two great books that I've reviewed (click the cover to be taken to the review).

                     The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez        Butterface Hartigan Series Book One by Avery Flynn

I may have also mentioned that I'm a bit stuck for book recommendations at the moment, so please let me know what fantastic books you're currently reading!

Have a fantastic weekend and happy reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment