Saturday Night Film Night

It's time for another film night! We're trying to save our films for the weekend so that way we actually know it's the weekend, but let me just say for the record, that these films can be watched whenever you want. If I had it my way, they'd constantly be running! But, I've been told (by my parents) that my cat likes to watch the news, so, there we go.

This week's film came out in 1992, and I'll admit to being very late to the party, only seeing this last year in 2019, but it has become a firm favourite. 

Strictly Ballroom 1992






A maverick dancer risks his career by performing an unusual routine and sets out to succeed with a new partner. 







I'll admit that this film started slow, but it just BUILT. I've always loved dancing films (even though I am in fact, a horrible dancer), and this one was just a slow, subtle build. Our leading lady does have her moments at times when I was a bit confused over decisions and facial expressions, but she really comes into her own midway through the film. And the romance with our male lead, and ok, the male lead by himself? Magical.

0 comments:

Post a Comment